Holidays where skin go browner and hair goes lighter are personally our favourite holidays here at J'adore You HQ. But the heat, humidity, salt and chlorine can take a toll on you're lushes locks. We try and keep shiny and smooth all year round so why stop that while you're on holiday for a week or two?! Here are some tips we've picked up:
- Leaving your hair to dry naturally while on holiday will give your hair a break from even more heat damage and will also create a cool undone boho hairstyle. Also adding braids to damp hair and leaving it to air dry will give your hair deeper waves. Plus no drying or styling hair on holiday means more time laying by the pool with a cocktail... what more could you want.
- A HAT!!! Look fashionable but also protecting your scalp, hair and face a hat will give your head a break from them sun rays.
- Argan Oil works wonders on sun damage and heat damage hair.
- Coconut Oil is also a good quick fix hair mask. Apply from root to tip and sleep over night than wash out in the morning. P.S. Make your final rinse a cold one to close hair follicles.
- Pre Holiday tip: Have a good trim before you board that plane, This will get rid of any split ends, therefore preventing any more whilst you’re away.
- Hair serum and a heat protect is a most have item while holiday. This will help calm the havoc humidity has caused on your hair.
- Seawater can actually help create beach waves but it can also dry hair out. By using a leave-in conditioner, you can achieve beach waves without the brittleness that that can sometimes happen with sea water and sun
- Lemon Juice! Squeeze fresh lemon to hair to naturally lightening it without the use of bleach! Apply all over or just the end for a natural ombre look.
- Dino braids - google it and look fab.
A great shampoo and conditioner. Great shampoo to get rid of all the salt and chlorine your hair has managed to gather over the day then lashings of a good conditioner to add moisture back in too your hair.
Happy Holidays and keep not only your skin safe but also your hair!
J'Adore You x